Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Year...

Today we celebrated Lydia's One Year Heart Birthday. I can't believe that it has been a whole year already... On this day in 2010 Lydia was in the PICU having just received her brand new heart. Looking back I am so so grateful for that amazing miracle. Knowing how the infection was about to take her life and seeing God's prefect timing makes me so full of joy! Yesterday was a day of such mixed emotions as we remembered the family who gave Lydia the Gift of Life but today we truly celebrated her life. I can't think of those long hard days in the hospital without a shudder. I am so happy that today we were able to go to church as a family, listen to Michael share our story and then go out and watch a movie and have pizza in the evening, together. No tubes, to pokes, no Berlin pump, just healthy and happy Lydia dancing around in her bright pink and red tutu. Happy Heart Birthday little girl, you are a hero to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment