Friday, September 3, 2010

Summer memories...

When I got up this morning and took out the garbage I noticed the sudden chill in the air and realized that our Summer is just about over. I love Fall. I love the crisp air, the changing leaves, the air of expectation as a new school year starts. But I also felt a bit of sadness. Maybe because it means the littlest member of our family is moving beyond the newborn stage. With her cooing and smiles and general awareness of the world she is no longer the fresh new bundle we brought home in June. I can't wait to get to know her but I also want to savor the newness for as long as I can. Another reason could be that for the first time in my life I will be the one to watch tearfully as my firstborn goes off on a new adventure by herself: kindergarten. She is sooooooo excited and talks about school and her teacher and learning French all day long. She truly is ready. But I wonder if her body is ready... With her penchant for developing every cold into pneumonia and the accompanying hospital stays (five in the last year) I worry about all the runny noses and dirty hands that school entails. Hopefully a full arsenal of hand sanitizers will do the trick.

Have a Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment