Monday, September 13, 2010

Kindergarten

Yesterday I was the one with butterflies in my stomach as we prepared for Lydia's first day of school. I packed her bag and hung up her outfit all ready down to the underwear. The lunch and snacks were ready in the fridge and her hair was washed and teeth brushed. I think I checked the list of what to bring at least ten times. I felt like this will be the test of my mettle as a mother, how well I've prepared her for this day. This morning she bounced out the door happily with her too-heavy and too-big backpack crookedly on her back and the hood of her jacket sticking out sideways. She is so innocent, so openly walking into this sometimes cruel world. My mother heart begs the world to treat her with love and kindness. Hopefully we have loved her well enough and given her all the safety she'll need for this new adventure.

When we got to the school (I was pushing Sarah in the stroller and also had Tobias with me since Michael wasn't home) I met with the teacher to discuss Lydia's health issues. It was almost funny to see her expression when I explained about her risk for sudden death. She very quickly assured me that she would be updating her CPR, lol. ;) Leaving was made difficult by Tobias' sudden wails that he wanted to stay at the "school-bus" too (don't know where he got the bus part from). It was altogether unfair. So we took a detour and got some yummies at the bakery before heading home. It has been so quiet here today. Tobias has seemed a bit bored and wanting some extra attention. With Lydia only going every second day this first month it should ease the transition a bit I hope.

Here are the pictures I took of her this morning. I can't believe how big she is getting...


1 comment:

  1. What a blessed milestone, Linda! She looks absolutely precious.... :)

    ReplyDelete